Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mourning the Loss

My poor car has lost its voice. It has had a lovely singing voice for about a year and a half. Every time I use the breaks, coast, turn a corner, or pretty much do anything, my car serenaded me with the loveliest squealing and screeching. It was also quite useful in announcing my arrival. When I pulled up to a group of students to give them a ride to symphony, they all knew it was me. The neighborhood always knew when it was me coming around the corner.

I took it to the shop this week, and for some reason when I got it back it had lost its voice! I'm not sure what they did, but I'm seriously considering suing for malpractice or something. All my car does now is purr like a kitten. Now Joni's going to want a ride more often because she won't be embarrassed. Those car repair people are sure making my life difficult!

I'll have to find something else to fill the deafening silence. Like my singing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, Lisa. Maybe if you pray for the poor car the lovely singing will return, or you could just go out and get a new one to sing for ya!
-Leslie

Charisa and Trent said...

think of it as having not so much lost its voice as having gained a new soulful sound.

it was fun to see you the other day and i'm sure your students play wonderfully.