Monday, April 14, 2008

Interpret This

I had a dream last night that I had a baby. As soon as I delivered, I had to call the music department to let them know I wouldn't be in that day, but assure them that I would be teaching the next day. We were leaving the hospital soon after that, and almost forgot our baby. Someone stopped us to ask if we wanted to see her. We went into the nursery, and instead of the normal bassinet, our baby was sleeping in a viola case.

Am I doomed to be a bad mother?

4 comments:

mitchowl said...

Ha ha ha. I LOVE those having baby dreams. I dreamed once I had a litter of kittens. It all felt so natural.
Your dream is, in my opinion, your subconscious (and conscious) telling you you are ready for a baby! Inside the viola case may mean your most loved (besides Tyler of course) will be replaced with a squirming little bundle of joy. Don't worry about being a bad mother. You aren't held accountable for how you act in your dreams. I'm sure when ther real thing happens you would rather leave Tyler behind than the baby. (shhhh, don't tell him I told you that)

Unknown said...

well, well, well! I think you are a TRUE musician! That's for sure, but I also think it means you are ready for a baby, like Mitchowl says.

Criscell said...

Hahahaha!! That was SO funny, Lisa, thanks for posting! I think someone wants to be a mommy soon...
You ARE a true musician for sure!

emiflute said...

LOL! LOL! LOL!
So funny Lisa! I have nothing more to say cause anything I could have guessed was summed up perfectly with what your mother said. Still, don't worry- I know you will be a fantastic mother!!!! No doubt in my mind about that! I really can't wait for that day! He he.