Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Venezia



 I can't say that Venice was my favorite city on the tour, but it was interesting and unique. The entire city is built in a canal on pylons. We took a water taxi to get to the island, and I probably crossed 100 bridges that day.



Tyler loves the camera  :)


This was one of three or four cruise ships docked in Venice.


The view from the vaporetto (water taxi)



We rode the canal to get from one end of the island to the other.


Random pirate ship :)


Beautiful St. Marks Square


Gondolier!





 Our fantastic bus driver Roule and tour guide, Almar.

One of many, many, many dishes of gelato we enjoyed throughout the trip.

 We visited the Vivaldi museum. This shirt was from the orphanage he worked in and taught orphan girls to play the violin and sing.


When babies were dropped off at the orphanage the mother and child were each given a puzzle piece so they could be reunited one day.



All of the streets in Venice were so narrow!


 Ponte dei Sospiri- Legend has it that lovers will be granted eternal bliss if they kiss on this bridge. Don't worry, we kissed on the bridge!!


Beautiful sunset as we left Venice.






I did pretty well with the Italian language, but once we left Venice and headed to Austria I realized my German is not that great. . .

2 comments:

mitchowl said...

Whew! SO glad you kissed on the bridge.

I can't wait to hear more!

Unknown said...

Sounds like that whole town is a drowning hazard.