Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Europe!!

At the end of the summer Tyler and I had the fantastic opportunity to go on a trip throughout Europe for 24 days! I teach a music history course on campus, so we went with two other faculty members and 22 students to all of the major music history sites throughout Europe. It involved a lot of preparation, time, and stress, but it was so worth it! We really appreciated our family and neighbors helping to take care of things at home while we were away. It was probably the most exhausting 3 1/2 weeks of my life. Needless to say we were zombies for a few days after we got home. :)

We took thousands of pictures, but I don't want completely bore you all so I tried to just choose the most interesting ones of each location. The first few days were spent in Rome, Italy!


The Colosseum!










It was VERY hot in Rome. Tyler had an awesome neck cover to go with his hat.

Everything was so green and beautiful.

They were filming a scene for Bollywood on the Spanish Steps. It was pretty hilarious.

The beautiful Pines of Rome in honor of Respighi


St. Peter's Basilica at Vatican City



The famous Swiss guards at the Vatican

The tomb of St. Peter


Next up, Florence. . .

3 comments:

Abby said...

Yay for your house not burning down so you could go on your trip! Looks like a lot of fun! Next time take me!

mitchowl said...

I second what Abby said.

t.t.turner said...

I want more! What a fun adventure!