There has been a metaphorical "elephant in the room" on this blog. It's something that is, unfortunately, a big part of who we are. Since April 21-27 is National Infertility Awareness Week, I decided it's time to share it with you. This video perfectly sums up how we feel.
We realize it is not something to be ashamed of. It is just incredibly hard to talk about. I am so grateful for Tyler. I know this is difficult for him as well, and yet he has been so incredibly patient and has been my shoulder to cry on over and over again. It never gets easier to deal with. Every trip to Wal-Mart, every Sunday at church, every day is a new reminder of the loss we feel.
We know we are more than our infertility, but we also know that we should not have to hide it and pretend it is not a reality. We have faith that one day, somehow, we'll have some happy news to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing the video. I'm sorry that you have to struggle with this. In a society where family and home are being more and more cast aside, it makes my heart break for those and for you who want a family so badly. I know I can't say anything that you haven't heard before, but I know that your situation is known by One who can heal. I know you will not be kept from the desires of your hearts forever, and all will be made right because of righteous desires of your heart. Love ya!!
Lisa and Tyler, I have Faith that you will be blessed with children one day. I admire you in so many ways. You are and will be blessed for your perseverance and endurance. Keep on having faith and trying.
Love you.
Love you too.
Post a Comment