Thursday, October 10, 2013

Firenze

Rome was awesome, but my favorite Italian city by far was Florence. Florence was so picturesque! Every street and building looked like it came straight from a painting. We only spent a day and a half in Florence, but we managed to do plenty of shopping!












 The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore. So beautiful it almost doesn't seem real.



 The famous baptistry doors (these are the replicas, although we also saw the originals in a museum).



  The street artists were amazing!

 Inside the basilica. So beautiful.

 I got a kick out of this music stand. It was up in the choir loft and had four sides, one for each section of the choir. The stand was huge, probably four times the size of a regular stand.

 Just a pretty Italian flower. . .

 I'm so glad I got to be here with my best buddy!



 While we were in the Medici Riccardi palace museum we saw this painting and we thought it looked like my nephew. Emily, does this look like Z to you?? :)



 We didn't see the original David, so we thought this was close enough. :)

Window shopping for everything way out o our price range.






We finished time in Florence eating at the base of the Basilica as the sun was setting. 
It was unforgettable.


Next up, Venice. . . (getting bored yet?)

3 comments:

mitchowl said...

Nope. Not bored. Very fun to have pictures to help you remember, and for me to live vicariously your adventures.

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing, Lisa. Friends of ours just went to Italy and got back last Saturday. What a beautiful place to go. Next time I think you should invite me to go. I don't eat much and I surely don't make much noise!!

Anonymous said...

Nice hat.