Tyler and I love to go out to eat as part of our weekly date night. Our favorite places are Johnny Carino's in Idaho Falls and Original Thai in Rexburg. We are addicted! At "Johnny's" we dig in to the all-you-can-eat salad and bread, and we split an entree. We get to eat plenty, and we usually only spend about $15 for the meal, including tip. At the Thai place we are definitely converts to curry. Yellow Curry and Peanut Curry are our favorites.
Unfortunately, we can't eat out at places like that without starting to negative results in the mirror. In order to counter-act that, we came up with a system. We both also love going to the gym, but sometimes we let our busy lives get in the way and we let a little too much time pass without working out.
Our system is as follows. Every time we go to the gym, we get a point. We each have to earn at least four points in order to "earn" a night at the restaurant. It is a great way to keep us motivated, because if one of us doesn't earn enough points, they will have made it so the other person can't go to the gym either. We started it a few weeks ago and so far we've been doing great. Every time one of us goes to the gym we send the other person a text message that says something like, "3 points for me!".
I don't know if it is good to reward exercising with food, but it works for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great system. Whatever works for you is a great system. I'm glad you don't have to count up points for "ditcher time". *smile*
That's a perfect little system. david and I may have to adopt it. Have fun!
I don't understand...if one of you doesn't have enough points, why can't the other person go to the gym?
Oops, I meant go out to eat.
Post a Comment