January: I did a 360 degree turn at the top of a mountain pass in Wyoming in the dark. I was on my way to visit Tyler, and the roads were just a little too slick. Very exciting/terrifying. (Sorry Mom, I don't think you knew about that one!)
February: Tyler and I got engaged! It was so cute. He proposed during one of his Dad's concerts. He sang to me while making me play the spoons (I don't know how to play the spoons!). Both of our families were there, and it was a great night.
March: We went to Utah to pick out my ring. While we were down there, we went to the Utah Symphony to see Hilary Hahn play the Sibelius Violin Concerto. It was fantastic!
April: Tyler travels to Branson, Missouri to work for a few months. We spent a lot of very late nights on the phone. It was not fun.
May: More of Tyler in Branson, although he did get to come back for a weekend.
June: The wedding! Tyler came back from Branson on the 13th. I went through the temple on the 14th, and we were married on the 15th. It was so wonderful. We were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. All of our families were there, and a few friends including our good friends Matt and Julie Bertasso and Stacy Smyth. Thank you so much for coming! It was a hot, sunny day, perfect weather, and we couldn't have asked for more. On our drive back from our honeymoon Tyler was offered a job as the audio engineer for the BYU-Idaho Music Department. Good timing! That was when we decided that I would not go back to Cincinnati for my Doctorate (a very difficult decision, but definitely the right one!).
July: A month full of house hunting. I also had the opportunity to perform several time with the Grand Teton Music Festival. It was great. It was fun to spend a few days in Jackson playing great music with great musicians. I also played in many weddings over there, often in cow pastures or ranches so the backdrop would be the Grand Tetons!
August: We bought a house! We absolutely love it. We are in a great neighborhood, we love our ward, and we are about a mile away from work. I also competed in my first triathlon. My brother, David, was my inspiration. It was so hard, but so much fun.
September-December: Back to school. I love teaching at BYU-Idaho! We are so fortunate. I also kept busy with my Doctoral classes at ISU, playing in the faculty string quartet, and the Idaho Falls Symphony.
December: Christmas! The break was so nice to have. I also had an embarrassing moment. I passed out in the post office! I learned my lesson about not eating after a long workout. Besides a little bump on my head and some humiliation, no harm done.
I hope 2007 was great for everyone else!

5 comments:
Nice post. It's great to have another blog to visit.
I liked this blog too. A lot has happened for you over the past year! Congrats and have fun!
oops, on the last comment, I thought I was logged in as me, Emily. Sorry
I'm just checking back to see if you posted again. Not yet I guess. I'll try back in a bit.
Holy Smokes! You did a WHAT???? on the pass??????? I had to hear about you passing out from someone else, and now I hear this. I guess I'm going to have to start following you around so I don't miss anything. You certainly did have a very full and eventful year.
Post a Comment