Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm still here

It's hard to feel like blogging when I just do the same thing all day, every day. I don't think you all are that interested in the goings on of my teaching schedule, or the snail's pace of my dissertation. We are doing well, however, and life is overall pretty great for us.

So instead, I'll post a few pictures from a girl's weekend I took with Mom and Grandma. We drove down to Albuquerque to visit David, Emily, and their adorable boys. I think we ran on about 10 hours of sleep the whole weekend, but we had a great time!

New Mexico Ruins:



A lunch stop in Roswell:


The cute boys:






A tarantula we spotted as it was crossing the highway. One of the highlights of the trip!


And the main event, the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. It was amazing!













3 comments:

The Denning Family said...

Those balloons are incredible. And a tarantula in the wild?! Eek! Glad you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Cool! I'm jealous! We're closer than you by only a few hours and I still haven't made it down there. Oh well. Sooner or later I'll show my good sister qualities. :) Glad you all had so much fun!

emiflute said...

I'm so glad you came to see us! We still feel a little guilty for trying to cram literally all the events of the state of New Mexico into one weekend, but we hope you had a great time. We sure did! How was Four Corners and the other sites on the way back?