Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Projects (Part Two)

I took another pottery class this summer with my mom. I tried my hand at coiling, slabs, and the wheel again.



Coil project. I'll probably end up putting a plant inside of it at some point. I like the honey/blac glaze.


My one wheel project. I actually got a pretty decent thickness this time. It's hard to tell, but the color is kind of olive green/tan.


Slab project. I had fun with this one. I wanted it to look like the inside of a viola with the base bar and everything, but I still stained it. It's not totally to scale, but it looks cool hanging in my office on campus.

I've also been working on a few crochet projects. Here are a few of my favorites. The first one is for a nephew coming this October.


I only did a few booties, since they take a little more thinking. These have cute flower buttons.


I love this aviator hat. I may make a few more of these.




It's been a fun summer, but I'm still looking forward to a few more adventures in the next month!

2 comments:

mitchowl said...

Your violin looks awesome. It really looks like wood. I'll bet you get lots of comments on it from your musical friends and colleagues. Good job. And I want to make that aviator hat. It's the cutest thing.

emiflute said...

You are just overflowing with talent! way to go!
Yes, that slab project of the violin (or viola?) will be a fantastic conversation piece.
It was great to see you this past weekend.