Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Crafting

For two weeks, Tyler was out of the country. He went with a student music tour to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. It was very hard having him gone, especially the first week when phone calls didn't even work. He had a great experience, but we're both happy he's safe at home again.

While he was gone, I spent a lot of time at my parents' house. I found an adorable pattern for baby booties, and wanted her to make them for me (no, I'm not pregnant, they're just really cute). She wouldn't make them for me, but promised to teach me how to crochet.

I think I'm hooked (no pun intended). It is a lot of fun, and although I still make a lot of mistakes, I'm getting better at hiding them. After a few practice booties, I made these two pair for a friend who just had twin baby boys. They are way too big for those little babies now, but they sure will be cute in a few months.






1 comment:

mitchowl said...

Those are so cute! You did an amazing job. I'll bet your friend will be so excited to get them. Now make some more......cowboy boot style.