This last semester, however, I dug deep to find my artistic genes. I signed up for a non-credit beginning pottery class with my mom and sister. They are both art majors, so I knew I had built-in tutors. I am pretty proud of my projects. The first one was a pinch pot, meaning I shaped the whole thing by hand (no pottery wheel).

The second one was a bowl made on the pottery wheel. I like it because it is a square bowl.


I signed each piece with my own special signature. :)

The last one was really a semester-long project. I decided to make a tower, which turned into a clock tower. It's kind of a combination of the Rapunzel tower and Big Ben. I had to shape every stone by hand, which took forever! Over the last few days, I painted it and put the finishing touches on it (with some guidance from my dear mother). I think it may be my office clock on campus.

4 comments:
Those are all amazing. Especially your chinese man, um, I mean clock.
ha ha, I'm just yanking your chain.
Guess what? we get to start making pottery again real soon. :)
Those are awesome! I really like the square bowl!
Good work! They look great!
I know. I'm jealous of Mom's talents, too.
Post a Comment