Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Viola Congress

You're going to get the rest of our trip in one big picture-filled post.




For the opening session of the congress, the CCM and Julliard violists (and some alumni) played a viola ensemble version of Fanfare for the Common Man, and I got to play with them as an alumn. It was awesome. We got to play for Kim Kashkashian, Tabea Zimmerman, Nubuko Imai, and many other viola gods.


We ate at all of the mandatory Cincinnati places, including the classic Clifton Skyline!





Somewhere under all that cheese is spaghetti and chili.

I was also successful in getting Tyler hooked on Graeters ice cream
(especially raspberry chip. YUM!!)


We drove by my old ghetto Kroger (which I probably shouldn't have ever shopped at).


and my old apartments.

Atkinson street (1st year)

Rohs street (2nd year)

I also gave Tyler the grand tour of the campus, and I got to catch up with some of my old teachers. We had such a great time.

Bearcats stadium





Emery Hall- Where I had all of my academic courses


Memorial Hall- 5 floors of practice rooms! (I spent many, many, many hours in this building).

And finally, a nice sunset from our drive home.

3 comments:

Harper said...

That's really cool, Lisa! Cincinnati looks like a lot of fun, and the picture of all the violists is awesome!

The spaghetti / cheese / chili picture makes my colon ache. :)

Bertasso Family said...

So cool! We were in Cincinnati just a couple weeks ago for our anniversary and got our own taste of Skyline and Graeters...yum! Looks like you guys had a great time.

mitchowl said...

I LOVE Tyler's face in the Skyline photo. Did he really eat the whole thing?