I had a meeting with my advisor last weekend. She was very helpful, and we had a great talk. It looks like, as long as the classes I needed are offered when I need them, I will be able to finish my coursework May 2010! It will be so nice not to have to go to classes at night after a full day of teaching.
Of course, I will still have to take my comprehensive exams September 2010.
And propose my dissertation, which usually takes about months.
And do the research for my dissertation, which will probably take another six months.
And write my dissertation.
And defend my dissertation.
Okay, so maybe I'm not so close.
On a happier note, I can see little tulip greens poking out of my snow in my front garden!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's the first big hurtle and you should feel excited to be that close. The rest of those steps will work out okay. Life is a journey and the last few steps to your doctorate will just be one of the paths on your journey.
WOW. You are awesome! I am so proud of you for even being that close! Way to go.
Way to go, Lisa! You are a determined and talented lady, and I'm excited for you to finish your PhD. There is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel!
You're amazing! :)
Post a Comment