The studio recitals went really well. This was the first time we had to split it into two recitals because of so many students (I am currently teaching 27). We had a 6:00 and 7:30 recital on the same night, which was a bit exhausting. I have a recital each December and May to give the students an opportunity to perform. Although it sometimes stresses the students out, it's such a good experience for them, and the parents love to see what we've been working on. I end up accompanying most of the students (with my limited piano skills), and we had a few helpful friends and parents accompany the rest. We also did a group number at the end of each recital. We played a four part version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." We had a few students get sick and one pianist bail at the last minute, but overall it was a success. We decided to rent the recital hall this time, and I'm so glad we did. It was a great place for the kids to perform. Tyler and my parents were a huge help with the recording, refreshments, and just helping to calm my nerves.
We ran through our group number a few times before the recital started. Many of these little kids have never played with other musicians before!
This was the group number for the 6:00 recital.
and the 7:30 recital (we had some student out of town or with other conflicts, so we actually only had 21 students total performing).

3 comments:
Awwwww, they're so cute! The teacher too.
Way to go, Lisa! You are one talented lady, and I am always impressed by what you can do!
They are so cute. I want my daughter to play violin! Oh, how I miss that recital hall.
Post a Comment