Sunday, December 28, 2008

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go

We started our morning like any other Sunday morning, at 6:00 AM. Tyler got ready for his 7:00 meetings, we had breakfast and scripture reading, and Tyler shoveled a path for his car to get out. While I was finishing up with Primary preparations, Tyler called me to warn me that the church might be a little cold. Our new building has been having a few maintenance problems, and while they were fixing them this week the turned off the gas and forgot to turn it back on. He told me to bundle up, which I did. By the time I got to church I saw car after car leaving the parking lot. The building was 48 degrees, and they had cancelled church. Tyler was outside directing all the cars home, so I turned around and went home.

I guess I have Primary ready for next week.

4 comments:

Bertasso Family said...

Sounds kinda like us last week--that was our super cold day and the parking lot was a sheet of ice so they cancelled. Nice to be prepared for next week though, right :)

Emily Collier said...

You two are so cute. I just wanted to let you know that i now have a blog... my mom made me, so she could keep up with me at school.

Mindy said...

brrrrrrrrrrrr. At least you had a nice warm house to go home to.

Criscell said...

Brrrr! I've forgotten what 48 degrees feels like! Hope you are enjoying your holiday break! I can't believe you're teaching 27 students! Way to go. THey are lucky to have you.