Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

My second year of my doctorate started up tonight with my Qualitative Research and Design course (basically a dissertation prep class). Here were a few of the highlights:

- Discussion about menopause
- Discussion about penguin mating rituals (not kidding!)
- Introductions. Here is a direct quote from a fellow classmate. "We have five kids, but then we found out how they kept coming, so we put a stop to that!"

It's going to be a great class! Tomorrow night I have Statistics, my first math class in ten years! Wish me luck.

5 comments:

mitchowl said...

Sounds like you won't be bored. At least not until tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

If you need help on the menopause discussion, give me a call, ok?

Harper said...

Those are great!

And best of luck with math. You will ACE it!

Mindy said...

Wow! Sounds like it will be interesting.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on the pumpkin growing, I never knew you had to pinch off the flowers! Huh...

Wow. You have guts to go back to math after 10 years, Lisa!

When I read that quote from your classmate I thought, "Well, ya think!" Those were pretty funny, though! So how did they tie into preparing for a dissertation, or did they???