Saturday, July 26, 2008

Davids and Goliath

Preface- Yes, I know I am obsessed with my plants.

I have been really excited about growing pumpkins in our garden. When I bought seeds in the spring I wanted to make sure we would get decent sized ones, so I bought the "giant" variety. They weren't kidding! My plant is enormous. The only problem is that it won't blossom. I finally saw one little blossom today, but I'm pretty far behind everyone else in the area. Hopefully this just means that once the blossoms come the pumpkins will also be enormous. The only problem now is figuring out how to mow our lawn. . .

To exaggerate things even further, my cucumbers are puny. My original cucumber plants never came up, so these have only been growing for a little while. I think my pumpkin plant is so huge it's going to scare them back into the ground!

My cute sister Abby is the model to give you some kind of scale. Hopefully I have some great pumpkin shots later on!





2 comments:

mitchowl said...

Abby looks like a little elf. So cute. I still think your pumpkins are going to outdo mine.

Abby said...

Wow, your model is so beautiful! I just love her! And looking like an elf is cute!