Thursday, February 28, 2008

Past, Present and Future

20 years ago: I was in kindergarten at Adams Elementary. We had barely moved into our new house, although it wasn't close to being finished. David was my best bud, I was a chubby little ballerina, and I loved to read.

10 years ago: I was a sophomore at Madison High School. I was as social as my parents would let me be with a huge group of friends. I was in school orchestra, youth symphony, and I was taking private violin lessons (although I never practiced!). I was 15 through my whole sophomore year of high school, so I never got to date. I wasn't even old enough for the homecoming dance of my junior year!

5 years ago: I was just finishing up my junior year at BYU-Idaho. It was a good year. I won the concerto competition at BYU-Idaho, the Young Artists Competition in Coeur D'Alene, and was accepted into the Grand Teton Music Festival. The chamber orchestra went on tour throughout the Northwest, where I became good friends with Stacy! I don't think I went on a single date that whole year because I was seriously involved with my viola.

3 years ago: My first year at CCM (University of Cincinnati-College Conservatory of Music) working on my Masters in viola performance. It was tough being away from my family, but I did a lot of growing up that year. Once again, not much dating.

1 year ago: February 28,2007- I got engaged to my sweetie!! Tyler and I had been dating for just over four months. He proposed in the middle of a concert he was doing with his family. Both of our families were there, along with a bunch of strangers. It was somewhat embarrassing, but very cute.

Today: Life is very busy for the both of us, but we're very happy. We are working hard and making as much time as possible for each other.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring. . . .

4 comments:

mitchowl said...

That was a fun little walk down memory lane. I'm sure there are a lot more awsome things in your future.

Amy said...

Cute, Lisa! That's fun to look back!

Criscell said...

Fun post to read, Lisa!

Ashley Mackay said...

Lisa hi! I'm glad you have a blog since I live in Rexburg but never see you but now can keep up on the ol' blog. I love blogs. We should have a Clear Play party when Juno comes out on DVD. I've been waiting for months to see it but I want some editing done. Have you seen it? That would be fun.