Thursday, April 14, 2016

Life is Precious

After Isaac and Hunter were born, I had a hard time just relaxing and enjoying our life. After years of heartbreak sadness it was hard to believe that we could just start enjoying life. I was essentially looking around each corner waiting for something bad to happen. Slowly I've started to relax, just enjoying each day with my boys. In the last few weeks, though, I've been reminded of how precious life is. Last week my sweet grandmother passed away. We will all miss her terribly, but we are so happy that she is now reunited with her husband and her son that died in infancy. We had a wonderful family reunion at her funeral, and we all celebrated her life and legacy.







In the last few days I have also found out about other families who are going through unimaginable hardships. An old college friend is losing his wife and mother of his five children to cancer. Another family has a daughter who is going through the long process of rehabilitation after a devastating car accident. Life is precious, and I am now more committed than ever to enjoying and appreciating each day I have with my sweet little family.













2 comments:

Abby said...

We'll all miss Grandma a lot! I'm sad for the reason, but glad that I could come up and see everyone! I'm glad we moved closer so we could spend more time with everyone!

mitchowl said...

Family is so great. And mine is better than most.