Monday, November 30, 2009

In the manner of Mom

The other day I was trying to get to my classroom to teach music history, and I was running a little bit late. I kept trying to get to the right floor, but the elevator was being really strange. Half of it would go up, and half would stay down. Then I realized I left my laptop on the first floor. When I got down to the first floor, I realized I left my graded papers on the second floor, and I was trying to get to the third floor. The elevator was not working for me so I try taking the stairs, but I ended up in the basement with this guy that wanted to show me all of these interesting knick knacks that I didn’t have time for. The stairs were a huge marble staircase, which was not supposed to be there. Then I realized I was in the wrong building! I was in the Hinckley, so I had to walk down to the Taylor. By the time I got there I was already 30 minutes late, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. How could I forget to put work clothes on?! Then I realized I didn’t even teach in the Taylor, I teach in the Snow. ARGHH!!!!! . . . . . . .Then I woke up.

4 comments:

emiflute said...

Oh Wow!I predicted you were going to say that at the end because as I read I knew for sure this was not our typical Lisa! You're always so on top of things. Whew!

mitchowl said...

Don't you just hate those kind of dreams? I'll bet you were so glad when you woke up.
Well told.

Amy said...

Ha ha, that's great! You must be under a lot of stress -- my stress dreams are the craziest ones ever. (Although mine usually involve not being able to remember my locker combination or realizing that I didn't go to class the whole semester and would now have to convince my teacher to accept all my late homework and let me take the tests.) Good job on the descriptive sharing -- it made me laugh!

Mindy said...

This is like my reoccurring dream where I can't find my band instrument and the parade/concert/game has already started. I'm convinced dreams like this don't go away.