Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life is exahusting

I haven't really felt like posting much of anything lately because I don't feel like I've been doing anything that would interest anyone. My life is currently taken over by massive amounts of homework and teaching. Here are a few tidbits from the past month:

- BYU-Idaho's winter semester ended a few weeks ago. Overall the semester went really well, and I had such a great class. Spring semester started this week, and I think it will be another great group of students.

- ISU's semester ends in two weeks. Juggling four classes on top of work has been a challenge at times, but it looks like I'll be able to pull through just fine. Summer semester will start soon after that, and it will most likely be twice as time consuming. I'm suicidal enough to take three block classes at once. I've been petitioning for the last week or so in order to get permission to take that many.

- Spring Festival was last weekend. I only had 16 students (half of my studio) perform. I also somehow ended up accompanying all but three of them. One of them had a pretty difficult piece, and I'm definitely not a great accompanist, but they had some pianist emergencies at the last minute so I had to step in. I'm just glad they weren't judged on how many notes their pianist left out. They all did really well, and I was very proud of them.

- We are getting ready for our studio recital in May. We're doing all duets, which should be a lot of fun.


That's about it. I'm also looking forward to my tulips and daffodils blooming in the next week or so. We have the late blooming variety, so although everyone else is already enjoying theirs, ours will stick around a few weeks longer.

I guess it wouldn't be a decent post without a picture of the latest happenings. I hope you all enjoy it.






4 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, your life sounds like lots of.....fun...

mitchowl said...

That stack of books is really making me want to read them. Can I borrow them after you're done. ha ha, just kidding. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a burning hot stick (to quote Abby Lou).

Halsey said...

I must admit that looking at all those books make me feel...exhausted.

Amy said...

Wow, Lisa, good for you! I hope everything is going well and all runs smoothly, and most especially that you have time for everything, you crazy girl!