Our annual primary program is next week, and I think we are all ready to move on with life. We have been drilling these kids like crazy, and for the last two Sundays they have been doing nothing but running through the program. I'm sure it will be great, and it will be really nice to do something different for Singing Time.
My mother and I have the same church calling. She is insanely creative, which works out great for me. We both come up with ideas and swap them to cut back on the preparation time. A few weeks ago she shared with me a great idea that I'm going to do in a few weeks. It will only work for senior primary, as the kids will have to be pretty decent readers. It is basically a play on the game MadGab. I love this game (but no one will ever play it with me!), and this will be a great way to give the kids a break.
Here are a few of them. See if you can figure out which primary song this is supposed to be (hint: although you may feel stupid, it helps to say it out loud). Good Luck!
1. Fall oath up raw fit
2. Ed's holders niece hand owes
3. Due was sigh him due ink
4. Aisle heaved din have fun
5. Eye muss soak lad wend ad eek ums ohm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Lisa, these are great! I had fun just figuring them out myself! And while I'm here I wanted to ask you if you knew if I can still get copies of the sacred music projects we were involved in back in the day? My copies have disapeared in one of our moves:(
I don't know about the creative part, but you got the insane part right.
Wow! Those are awesome! I had that calling for 2 years and that's one I never used. Where did she come up with them? You'll have to tell us how it goes!
Sounds like we are in the same boat here. Our program is next week too and we will be glad to move on with life. I think your idea is great but probably wouldnt work with our primary since we have so many younger kids. But I'd be happy to "share" any other ideas you guys have in the future :) Sometimes it gets hard thinking up new ideas to keep things interesting in singing time. I'm sure you do a great job and all the kids love you.
I played this with my primary kids a couple weeks ago and they loved it!!!! Good luck! Even the Junior primary loved it - I read it to them and they tried to guess. It was great!
What a great idea! I would play with you!
Post a Comment