On a side note, the unexpected and unlikely actually happened. We got our economic stimulus check! I've been pretty skeptical about it, taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" stance on it. In the mail today, however, we got a notice explaining that we should be getting it any day. We checked our account online, and it was already there! Amazing.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Gardens and Miracles
What a great day to be outside! It was warm, sunny, and wonderful. This afternoon Tyler fertilized the lawn (he is a true blue "grass man"), and I planted our vegetable garden. We lucked out last year because we moved in and the garden was already planted and grown. All we had to do was harvest the fruits of the previous owners' labor! This year, however, it was all up to us. I don't have the homemaker's instincts, and I really want this garden to turn out, so I turned to the older, wiser generations for help. Grandma and Mom gave me some good pointers, and I got lots of great advise from my gardening pro uncle Ron. We have two raised garden boxes and some garden rows along our back fence. Not a huge garden, but just enough for me to manage. I planted beans and carrots along the fence, cucumbers and pumpkins in one box, and tomatoes in the other. Since we used tomato plants and this is Rexburg, we created a greenhouse to protect them until it gets more consistently warmer here. I'm so excited to see what grows! Hopefully I didn't mess it all up, or we'll be raiding everyone else's garden this fall!

On a side note, the unexpected and unlikely actually happened. We got our economic stimulus check! I've been pretty skeptical about it, taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" stance on it. In the mail today, however, we got a notice explaining that we should be getting it any day. We checked our account online, and it was already there! Amazing.
On a side note, the unexpected and unlikely actually happened. We got our economic stimulus check! I've been pretty skeptical about it, taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" stance on it. In the mail today, however, we got a notice explaining that we should be getting it any day. We checked our account online, and it was already there! Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good luck with your garden! We spent the day working outside too and planted some tomatoes. Our garden was semi-successful last year and we are hoping for a good year this year. And hey, guess what...I just checked our account and we got our check too! :)
Lisa,
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Please give your Mom a hug for us. We'll see you soon. Good luck on the garden.
Love ya.
Congrats on the physical and financial fruits, Lisa! As non-house owners who have a negative income, we don't get the check, so I will just enjoy yours through you! hee hee
Lisa,
Looks like a good job on the garden! Good luck with it, and happy spending with that check---or saving, if you're like us at all. :)
-Leslie
Post a Comment